Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Welcome Back!



Welcome Back to School Everyone!!

My name is Ms. Lawless and I will your child's teacher this year! I can't wait to start!!!!


A little bit about me:


 I have been teaching Grade 1 at St.Cecilia since the school opened two years ago. Before that I taught grade 4 in Kanata and Grade 1 and 2 at another school in Barrhaven.
Teaching is not just my job but my passion. I have spent much of my summer preparing for the year ahead so my students can have a fun and successful year.


Image result for teacher clipart


A little about the class:


We have 3 students this year in our class who have severe allergies. we are a NUT FREE classroom.

The allergies include: Peanuts, tree nuts, Eggs, Fish, chickpeas, lentils

Please be aware of these allergies when making your child's lunch. It is GREATLY appreciated.

Image result for no nuts


Social Media:  




I use twitter A LOT!!!! The students LOVE to get me to post pictures and I will often tweet out things we are doing in class.

******Please Please Please consider checking off yes to social media in the verification sheets that will be sent home from the school.*******
***I do my best NOT to post faces (sometimes it does happen) nor do I ever put names associated to pictures for the safety of the students. If you do not want your child's face in twitter you can write me a separate note in the agenda and I will make sure their face never appears. 
A lot of my communication is done through social media, our board encourages it and I would hate for you child to miss out on anything. So please consider checking yes to social media.


Image result for twitter

There will be more news to come but for now I am excited to start this new year with your child and looking forward to meeting you!!

Ms. Lawless